Monday, January 28, 2013

Road Trip to Dallas

01.17.13

We have been invited to Marcus' 3rd birthday party on Saturday afternoon and we could drive in on Saturday then head home after the party but I talked to Aunt Katherine about taking the kids to the Aquarium and that's when I decided to drive in on Thursday.  I like to make the most of my trips to Dallas so I talked to a few of my friends about meeting up with them so we could catch up.  Our road trip began after I picked Beck up from school on Thursday.  The kids loaded up their backpacks, they each have their own favorite blanket, Beck brought puppy and Kinsey brought Minnie Mouse, double stroller for the aquarium, my favorite pillow, a big blanket for me and a big suitcase.  Yes, we are packed for a road trip!  I almost forgot to mention the snacks I packed along with cups.  I spent all of this morning getting ready for our big trip.
Tracy and Dawn

We drove to Murphy which is where my friend Tracy lives.  She has a 9-year old son, Hayden and a 3-year old daughter, Annalise.  We took Beck and Kinsey to the playroom and Beck found a Polar Express train set that he wanted to play with and Kinsey found lots of girly toys. 
Tracy and Dawn1

After visiting with Tracy for over two hours, it was time to grab a bite to eat and I already spotted a place.  But, I have to get pictures of all of us before we leave.  I really enjoyed chatting with Tracy especially since I haven't seen her since we moved.  I love her house and her decorating style!
Tracy and Dawn2

Tracy and Dawn3

Mexican food is my all-time favorite food and we have discovered that Beck loves it too!  So, the place we went to eat dinner is a fast food type of place but has a restaurant feel to it.  I really like this place!  Beck and Kinsey enjoyed it too!
Tracy and Dawn4

Tracy and Dawn5

It's crazy how close Tracy's house is to Dawn's house in Sachse!  I never realized it because I drove to their house from a different direction when I lived in Plano. Anyway, that's where we are staying tonight because I haven't seen Dawn since we moved.  Dawn and Steve have been married 20 years and do not have children.  They don't want any but they love to play with them so we all had a good time at their house.  (Background Info: Tracy, Dawn and I worked at a salon (Steven Maxx Salon) and we have been friends for a very long time.  I have known Dawn since 1994!  I can't remember what year Tracy started working at the salon.)  We are all pretty tired from traveling around and need a good night's rest because I've got a big day planned tomorrow!  Dawn is so sweet and thoughtful that she moved the guest bed next to the wall so Kinsey wouldn't roll off of it.  Thank you for letting us invade your house!  Muah! 
Tracy and Dawn6

No comments:

Post a Comment