Sunday, January 27, 2013

Footlights, Ice and Play Date

01.14-16.13

This is Kinsey's second time to be in (tap, ballet and gymnastics) class for 1.5 hours and she still loves it!  She's one of the youngest girls in this class and she's one of the few that listens to the teacher, follows instructions and is yearning to learn.  Most of the other girls run around and don't listen.  Maybe Kinsey will be like that when she's older (I sure hope not) but I'm proud of her for being a good girl.  Since the class is so long now, I'm going to drop her off, go to the gym to run then back to the Footlights dance studio.  This is my first time to do this and I'm really nervous.  I had my phone in front of me at all times in case something happened and her teacher needed to reach me.
dance_ice_playdate

The girls learned how to do forward flips and they jumped on a really long trampoline.
dance_ice_playdate1

dance_ice_playdate2

On Tuesday morning, we woke up to some chilly weather and I peeked outside but didn't notice anything such as snow so we got ready to take Beck to school.  I went outside a few minutes before we had to leave to let the car warm up and found the vehicle covered in ice!!!  Ironically, Beck got a little teary-eyed this morning telling me he did not want to go to school.  There was no way I could get the ice off the vehicle to get him to school on time and I hate being late.  So, I took Beck outside and showed him the ice that was all over the vehicle and told him that today was his lucky day and he knew exactly what I was talking about!  I also had a play date set up with Bonnie and her girls, Laila and Olive.  After letting the car run for about 15 minutes, the ice was finally melted and I drove to Bonnie's house.  Beck and Kinsey had a blast playing with Laila and Olive while I went to the gym to run.  After I picked them up, we went home, ate lunch then Kinsey went down for a nap.  While she was napping, I went outside and captured some really cool pictures of the frozen landscape.  What looks like drops of water on the leaves is really frozen water.  What a day!!!
dance_ice_playdate3

Bonnie has a lot of costumes which Kinsey truly enjoyed wearing.  Beck did not want to wear the girly clothes so he sat and watched them dress up and Tom and Jerry.  This inspired Beck and Kinsey to play dress up with our costumes and I love that Kinsey will wear Darth Vader and a Power Ranger costume.  I love my protectors!
dance_ice_playdate4

On Wednesday morning, Laila and Olive came over to play with Kinsey and they loved her costumes!  We had so much fun that the time flew by!  I really hope this switch out thing works because Kinsey loves playing with them. 
dance_ice_playdate5

No comments:

Post a Comment