Sunday, March 4, 2012

Fun-filled Saturday Morning

02.25

We started our morning at Lowe's and Beck built a race car which happens to be his favorite project so far. Afterwards, we stood in line for Happy the Clown to give us balloons. As we stood in line, I asked Beck what he wanted Happy to make for him and he said, "Sun". I was puzzled because I had no idea what he was talking about so I asked him if he wanted a balloon that looked like the sun in the sky and he quickly replied, "No!" I called Brent over to help me understand what he wanted. He kept repeating, "sun" so we asked if he wanted a sword but that wasn't what he wanted. Brent finally figured out that he wanted a sunflower. Whew! It was finally our turn to get a balloon and Happy asked Beck what he wanted and he said, "sun". Happy quickly looked at me and I whispered, "He wants a sunflower." This is the best balloon Happy has made for Beck! We all love it and Kinsey loves her little heart-shaped balloon. (I think it is so funny that Beck will not let me take a picture of his face!)

lowes car

lowes car1
(Notice the race car in his lap.)

We try to make the most of our trips to Longview especially with gas being so expensive these days ($3.54/gallon). I am so thankful that Brent has a company truck with a company gas card! Driving to Tyler from Gilmer then to his job sites uses up a ton of gas! Anyway, we went to the pet store and saw the most gorgeous bird! Wow! Kinsey grabbed a box full of little feather balls that had a bell in them and we tried to give one to the bird but he squawked really loud which is why Brent is making that expression on his face. It scared Kinsey to death!

lowes car2

Last time we came here, Kinsey loved playing with the dogs but not today. I guess she was still upset about the bird screaming.

lowes car3

Beck, on the other hand, really enjoyed holding the pug puppy. He also held the rat terrier but it was too hyper.

lowes car4

Today was the first time the kitten cage was unlocked so we took advantage of it and held one. I'm so torn between getting a cat or a dog...maybe we'll get both!

lowes car5

Beck and Kinsey really enjoyed watching this hyper rat terrier bite Daddy's shirt!

lowes car6

After playing with all of the animals, we went to Beck's other favorite store in this same shopping center...the Party Store. He loves to look at the costumes! I also wanted to check out the party supplies for Beck and Kinsey's birthday and they found these hats...adorable!!

lowes car7

Before we left this shopping center, Beck said he wanted to eat at Luby's because he loves that place. What I love about this place is kids eat free and they serve breakfast until noon for only $5.49! Awesome! We can eat there for the same price it would cost to get food at McDonald's. Gotta love that!

No comments:

Post a Comment