Saturday, January 22, 2011

Snow!!!

The day after we toured the Cowboys stadium, we watched the news and the weatherman predicted snow and I prayed that we would get some snow! On Sunday, January 9th, we woke up to a frigid chilly day. It first started raining which turned into sleet then Texas-sized snowflakes! I was filled with joy especially since it snowed while Brent was at home to help Beck build a snowman. Approximately 5" of snow fell in Plano and we heard 10" fell in McKinney.

Beck had the best time building Frosty the Snowman!

Kinsey did not enjoy the snow as much as Beck...she was cold and hated the snow falling on her face when I laid her in it. At one time, Beck didn't mind taking pictures but he's going thru a phase where he hates it.
It was a winter wonderland outside!

Oh how Beck loved throwing snowballs! In fact, it was so cold all week long that the snow lasted for five days. Beck and I would go outside while Kinsey took her morning nap and throw snowballs. As I was plugging in the monitor by the front door, Beck threw the biggest snowball at me and yelled, "Snowballs" as it hit me! I also gave him an icicle from our roof and he stabbed Frosty several times...poor Frosty was destroyed by the second day due to Beck begging Brent to crush him.

It was almost impossible to get this kid to go inside...

Brent and Kinsey got too cold and went inside where it was really warm since we built a fire in our fireplace before we went outside to play...Kinsey enjoyed putting her face on the window!

No comments:

Post a Comment