Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Cooking with Mommy

Beck has started wanting to help me cook which makes me happy that he wants to be in the kitchen with me. But, it's also a little extra work especially the clean up part. One night, I was making the cupcakes for mom and Wendy's visit and Beck wanted to crack open an egg. Luckily, Brent helped him do it and then he wanted to do it again. Then, I gave him the egg yolks since I only used the egg whites and he had fun letting it fall out of the egg into a bowl. I told him to stir it with a spoon and he thought it was fun to "break" the yolk!

On this particular evening, I was cooking dinner and Beck wanted to help so I gave him a little pot, a measuring cup with a little water and some corn starch. Boy did he have fun with these ingredients!!! Brent and I also discovered that corn starch and water mixed together makes a gooey mixture which was kind of difficult to clean up but it was worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment