Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Happy 2nd Birthday Otto!!! (part one)

06.01.13

The first day of June has arrived and boy is it going to be a big day for us!  We I got up early this morning, got ready for our big day, loaded up the car then woke up the kids.  I warned them before we went to bed that we had no time for tv today.  I went into their room and softly whispered that it was time to get up and they both popped up and eagerly put on the clothes we had laid out last night.  As they were getting dressed, Beck told Kinsey that we had no time for tv!  Ha!  That was a great start to our morning!  I was so excited to depart the house a little before 8 so we could pick up some donuts for breakfast (breakfast of champions!) until I looked at my gas gauge and realized I needed to stop for gas.  Urghh!  That will set us back a little but hopefully not too much.  Road trips are so much fun!!!
Going to Otto bday party

We were actually the first ones to arrive at Otto's 2nd birthday party!  You have no idea how excited I was...I hate being late.  So, I helped Katherine put food on the table, grabbed her camera and started snapping away.  She's always willing to take pictures for me so I wanted to pay her back.  Plus, I love taking pictures!  I also love the super cute robots Katherine made by using juice boxes, jello and wiggly eyes.  The kids loved the giant bounce house and the giant slide!  And, I'm super excited that Jill is here!  We didn't get to see her at the last family gathering due to Marcus being sick. 
Otto Turns Two

There's Marcus with his new summer do.  Beck and Kinsey wanted to eat as soon as we got there because they didn't hardly touch the donuts.
Otto Turns Two1

Grandparents...
Otto Turns Two2

Otto Turns Two10

Otto Turns Two7
My sweet sister-in-laws and mother-in-law...


Otto has many friends at his birthday party...Can you see Noah going down the slide?  Oh yes, he's in town for an entire week!  I know two little boys that will have a really good time.
Otto Turns Two3

Otto Turns Two4
Katherine spotted me taking a candid picture.

Otto Turns Two5
There's the birthday boy enjoying some food.
Otto Turns Two6

Otto Turns Two8
The coolest cake I've ever seen!

Otto Turns Two9
Happy Birthday sweet Otto!!!

Otto Turns Two11
He held up two fingers for me...yes!!!  I'm so happy that I was able to capture him doing that because it was a split second moment.

Otto Turns Two12
I have a feeling that Beck and Kinsey love each other.  They are so sweet!

Otto Turns Two13
The biggest attraction at Otto's party was the bounce house but the second biggest thing happened to be frogs!!!  Ewww.

I love the robot toy that Otto got...so cool!  Can you see the gift bag with Otto's name on it?  That was an art project that Beck worked on a few days ago.  I like his style.  I also have to add that when we bought Otto's gift, the lobster grabber, Beck informed me after leaving the store that he wanted to switch what he had bought for Otto's gift.  Now keep in mind that Beck bought a stuffed kitty.  So, I was very curious as to what Beck would do when Otto opened his gift from us.  Although Beck loved it, he handed it over to Otto.  Whew!  So glad I did not have to deal with a break down.
Otto Turns Two14

Otto Turns Two15

Noah showed us how to fly like an airplane...no, he did not jump off the brick wall.  All of the kids received goody bags filled with a rocket and a water gun.
Otto Turns Two16

No comments:

Post a Comment