Monday, December 12, 2011

Open House

12.06

On Tuesday, the library had an open house which included different groups from the surrounding schools to sing Christmas songs. The first group was the Gilmer High School Choir at 9am which was going to be tough to make it there on time since Kinsey wakes up between 8-8:30am. Surprisingly, we made it and I'm so glad we did because they were spectacular!!! In fact, they were so good that I wanted to video tape them but I kind of had my hands full with two kids wanting to sit in my lap. The second group was the Gilmer Elementary School Choir and the library was packed full of people to watch the little kids sing. We left after watching the third group which was the New Diana Intermediate Choir because Beck and Kinsey were getting out of control. Beck discovered the refreshment table and ate many cookies then he started with a small cup of apple cider which made me nervous because I could envision him tasting it, not like it and acting like he was going to throw up. Luckily and surprisingly, he loved it! While drinking the second cup, he saying, "this is yummy" while licking his lips. I was cracking up! I wish we could have stayed and watched the next group which was the Gilmer Junior High Band but Beck and Kinsey were tired of sitting and started running around the library.

christmas carols

christmas carols1

christmas carols2

As soon as we got home, Beck striped off his clothes and put on his jammies then he got comfy on the couch.

christmas carols3

The next day, we picked up Aunt Wendy from the workshop then I had to run a few errands. I needed to run in the mall real quick and make an exchange. The last time we were there, Beck starred at Santa and would not sit in his lap but this time he did want to sit in Santa's lap. I was shocked! I didn't want to spend a lot of money on these pictures because the kids were not dressed up. The lady offered a half sheet for $12 so I got it because who knows when Beck will sit on Santa's lap again. Kinsey screamed when we put her on his lap so the picture also includes me! Ha!

santa

Since Wendy was here, I had her take a few picture of us. I snuggled up with Beck on the couch then I pretended to take a bite of his booty. Ha!

christmas carols4

I recently went through Beck's old clothes and found some jammies that Kinsey could wear so that's why she's wearing boy jammies in this picture. I thought it was cute that she made herself comfy using the diaper changing pad as a seat.

christmas carols5

christmas carols6

Wendy watched the kids Thursday afternoon so I could see the Christmas Tour of Homes with Kiki then we took her back to her house because the Pilot Club was there to give the girls a Christmas party. I love this club because they do some really neat things for the girls! She ended up getting a bag full of goodies such as two scarfs, gloves, body wash, etc. And, they made turkey, ham, green bean casserole and other yummy food for dinner. She had a good time!

No comments:

Post a Comment