Wednesday, December 28, 2011

The Night Before Christmas Eve

12.23

We picked Wendy up this morning from the workshop and ran a few errands then we ate lunch at Ryan's. Beck and Kinsey ate a lot of food which made me very happy. The kids took a long afternoon nap and Brent got off work early so we headed over to Kiki and Pop's house.

night before christ eve

Jeff, Jill and Marcus were there and we had fun playing with Jeff's new toy...the XBox Kinetic. This game has a camera pointed on you and can mimic your body movement with the game. It's way cool! We skied, played tennis and I tried to do Zumba but it felt weird working out in front of the family.

night before christ eve1

night before christ eve2

I obviously wasn't thinking when I purchased the shirt that Kinsey is wearing because it says, "Best Big Sister Ever" so you can probably imagine what happened when people read it. The first person to notice was Jill and she asked if we were making an announcement. I had no clue what she was talking about until she read Kinsey's shirt out loud. Oops! Old Navy had a sale (buy one, get one 75% off) so I picked out a couple of t-shirts that had glitter on them and I knew it said something about being a sister. Then, Jeff and Jill told Kiki to read the shirt and she got so excited and hugged both of us. I wanted to say something but she was so happy. Finally, Brent spoke up and broke the news to her that the shirt was not an announcement. I'd love to have one more but we are done. I'm too old and too tired to have another baby.

night before christ eve3

night before christ eve4

Beck fell in love with this piggy bank truck. He kept asking us for coins so he could put it in the truck.

night before christ eve5

Certainly a fun evening and there's only two more days until Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment