Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Build and Grow

12.17

Today's project is to build the engine to go with the coal car that Beck built last Saturday and it seemed to go a lot quicker. I discovered the engine didn't have as many nails as the coal car so it was a lot easier to build. And, just like the coal car, we were given two sets of stickers but Beck likes his train without any stickers. I'd like to get out the paint someday and let Beck paint them.

lowes 2

lowes 21

lowes 22

Once again, Kinsey was a trooper and hung out while Beck and Brent worked on building the engine for his train. She sat and watched for a little bit then grabbed the hammers and started banging them together. I was afraid she was going to bang me at one point.

lowes 23

lowes 24

I'm sure you've noticed the camo jacket...Beck loves this jacket and he especially loves wearing the hoodie! I try to tell him that he can't wear the hoodie inside the store but he insists on wearing it. This time Beck asked Happy T. Clown to make him a hat with horns...I love it!

lowes 25

Surprisingly, Lowe's has a selection of children's books that I'd like to get and Kinsey sure enjoyed looking at them.

lowes 26

On the way out to the truck, one of the horns on Beck's hat popped after touching the parking lot. I'm not sure what caused it to pop but Beck learned a lessen that morning. He played with his one-horned hat on the way to lunch and it didn't take long for the other horn to deflate. Beck was pretty bummed but maybe we'll get something that will last longer next time.

lowes 27

Kinsey had a full belly and fell asleep right before we got to Kiki and Pop's house. While Kinsey napped, Brent and I went back to Longview to see Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows which was really entertaining.

lowes 28

Well, the next class is on January 14 and the kids will build a castle which sounds neat...I hope we can make it!

No comments:

Post a Comment