Monday, March 31, 2014

Last Day of School (this year)

12.20.13

Beck missed school yesterday because I made my hair appointment with Amanda in Gilmer at 10am.  I have no idea what I was thinking when I made that appointment.  She must have been almost booked up when I made my appointment last time and this was pretty much my only option.  Anyway, I took a selfie so the kids could see what I look like when I get my hair colored.  It's a sight...that's for sure!  There are (what seems like) a million strips of foil in my hair and then I sit under the dryer for the color to process.  The right side of the picture below is the final product.  I'm happy that it looks great but I am SO sad because I've been doing everything possible to get this hair to grow!  I've been taking prenatal vitamins, brushing my hair every single night to stimulate the scalp and I even skipped a hair cut once just to keep the extra length.  Anyway, I desperately needed a new flat iron so I recently bought one.  Mine must have been worn out because I set the temperature on the new flat iron the same as the old one and it fried my hair!  I spent many nights in front of the mirror with my hair cutting scissors trimming the damaged ends before this appointment.  Amanda couldn't believe how bad my hair was so that's why she had to cut so much length off.  Looks like I'm starting all over again letting it grow.
Kinsey 310

Well, let's talk about fun Friday.  Beck loves going to school on Friday's because they mostly do activities and science experiments.  Plus, this is the last day of school until he goes back in January!  He is going to love the break!
Kinsey 311
Kinsey rarely takes naps these days but she will take a power nap as we drive to Beck's school and she'll usually wake up once we get home.  However, falling asleep in Beck's car seat was not cool.  Lol!  I can't wait to get a new car seat for her!

Kinsey 313
Beck got some really cute things from his class Christmas party!  He put the cinnamon star on the tree in the living room but we'll add it to his tree next year.
Kinsey 312

Kinsey 314

Kinsey 33
Elf on the Shelf is back and I wanted to show you some of the cute places he's been after his trip to the North Pole.  He is Santa's helper and tells Santa everything the kids do everyday.  I love Elfie!  Also known as Chippy which is what Beck named him.
Kinsey 315

Kinsey 316
Brother/sister fun with mommy's jacket!  They crack me up!

No comments:

Post a Comment