Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Holiday in the Park (part two)

After playing in the snow, Brent and I rode a tube down a snow hill which was so much fun!  (By the way, Beck rode in my lap and he didn't like it as much as mommy did.)  I really wish we had done this more than once but it was really cold and we wanted to check out what Holiday in the Park was all about.  We found a pony to ride and Kinsey was super giddy!  There is pure joy written all over this little girl's face!
Holiday in the Park 201318

Holiday in the Park 201319

Holiday in the Park 201320
Beck and Kinsey picked out a hat.

Holiday in the Park 201321
Not many vendors showed up because of the bad weather so we decided to ditch this place and head to a warm restaurant with delicious food.
Holiday in the Park 201322

Holiday in the Park 201323
I took pictures of us before we left the restaurant.

Holiday in the Park 201324
And, this is what they looked like as soon as I hit the road...sound asleep; completely worn out.

A while back, there was a form sitting on Candy Crocker's desk that talked about the Tyler High School drill team coming to your house to perform a Christmas Spectacular on December 7th for $25.  I had to sign up for this because that's when we had planned on having Krueger Christmas at our house.  I was totally excited!  The girls did not perform on that date because it was too cold and our party had been cancelled because of the ice in Dallas so everything was rescheduled for this Saturday.  Well, as luck would have it, the Krueger Christmas party was also rescheduled for next weekend which means I will have some of the girls from the drill team perform for US.  Lol!  I spread the word to all of my friends to come over but everybody already had plans.  I told Kiki to come over because I had a surprise.  Kiki and Brent had no clue what I had done so I explained everything to them right before the girls performed.  The girls could have performed outside but it really was too cold so they danced in our house!  How crazy is this story?  It would have been a Christmas Spectacular for the Krueger Christmas party but it just didn't work out.  Oh well.  We can just add this to one of my big adventures.
Holiday in the Park 201325

Holiday in the Park 201326
I think Beck enjoyed watching them dance but I do know for a fact that Kinsey LOVED it!
Holiday in the Park 201327

Holiday in the Park 201328
Kiki talked to the girls about their awesome performance and gave them some great advice on their future endeavors.

Holiday in the Park 201329
Kinsey is ready to party!  Lol!

I want to thank Neena and Kiki for driving all the way over here to watch the kids play in the snow!

1 comment:

  1. Love Kinsey's smile on the horse! Too cute! BB

    ReplyDelete