Thursday, April 11, 2013

Let's Dye Some Easter Eggs!

While the eggs boiled and cooled, the kids played dress-up.  Oh my goodness, they are so, so cute!
Beck's 5th Bday Party25

The kids really enjoy dying all of the eggs but I do have to give out a couple of awards.  Most Destroyed Eggs goes to.....Beck!  Most Colorful Hands goes to....Otto!
Beck's 5th Bday Party26

Beck's 5th Bday Party27

Beck's 5th Bday Party28

Beck's 5th Bday Party29

Beck's 5th Bday Party30

To my surprise, Brent grabbed a beautiful pink egg and crushed it against my head.  Actually, I wasn't surprised about the confetti filled egg because I'm the one the brought them but that he busted it in the house.  What a mess!
Easter confetti on my head

All of the kids were dying to play with these eggs and I wish I had bought more because they crushed all of them so fast!
Beck's 5th Bday Party31

Beck's 5th Bday Party32
I'm not sure what this is about but it sure is funny!

Feeding Sugar is so much fun especially in a costume!
Beck's 5th Bday Party37

Beck's 5th Bday Party33

Beck's 5th Bday Party34

Beck's 5th Bday Party35

Beck's 5th Bday Party36

Beck's 5th Bday Party38
What's the best way to end our time outside?  By going on a ride on Pops new golf cart!

Kiki and Pops offered to watch the kids so that we could see Laura perform at an attorney's office on the square.  It was great seeing her and it was my first time to see her perform for a live audience.  She is so talented and I hope her dreams come true when she moves to Nashville next month.  Like the saying goes, "Go Big or Go Home".
Beck's 5th Bday Party39

Beck's 5th Bday Party40

When we arrived, there were no seats available but in the very back of the room was a little stage area and that's where we sat.  Brent and Chris (Laura's boyfriend) sat on the far right side of the room.  In fact, Chris was against the wall and could not see Laura because of a little wall that was in front of him.  Anyway, Brent and Chris strike up a conversation and I can hear them mumbling but it wasn't so loud that I could hear what they were saying.  And, the music was so loud that there was no way Laura could hear them talking.  During her performance, this guy sitting on this little stage on the far left side of the room walked over to Brent and Chris and asked them to stop talking.  After he walked back, the girl sitting next to me leaned over and asked me what just happened.  I told her that my husband which is Laura's cousin and Laura's boyfriend just got shushed!  She laughed so hard and said, "that's the funniest story!"  What really amazes me is that Laura introduced her boyfriend to the entire crowd.  Anyway, we ended up leaving at intermission.  Not because of that guy.  We were worn out and knew that Kiki and Pops probably needed some help with all of the kids.

Does our night end at 9pm?  Nope!  Denny and Jaime invite us over to watch a movie outside using a projector.  Kinsey loved spending time with the girls (Ava, Lola, Jaici, Laila and Olive) and Beck spent the entire night burning marshmallows.
Beck's 5th Bday Party41

We finally left after 10:30pm and put our kids to bed.  Whew!  What a day!!!  Can you believe Kinsey never took a nap?  It was go, go, go all day long and she was a trooper!  Thanks for the good times and many memories!    

No comments:

Post a Comment