Tuesday, January 17, 2012

A Single Mom

01.07

Mom and I differ in many areas but the one that pertains to this story is that I absolutely loathe being alone. I would rather go to a mall just so I'm around people than sit in a house alone. Brent decided to go to our Plano house after work on Friday so he could work on it and hopefully make some improvements to get this thing sold. I thought long and hard about picking up Aunt Wendy and letting her spend the weekend with me and the kids but I didn't do it. I wanted to be a big girl and tackle this weekend all by myself. Big Mistake! I tried to make the best of it but it seemed like everything went wrong! It all started Friday afternoon when I took the kids for a walk in our neighborhood. We saw a little dog that Beck wanted to pet so we stopped and gave it some attention until it ran off. I put Kinsey back in the stroller and started walking again when she decided to get back out of the stroller and fell right on her nose...blood was every where!!! It was all over her white shirt and all over my red shirt...it looked like a crime scene! My heart was racing and I felt all alone. She wanted me to carry her home and I wanted to carry her but there was no way I could especially the hill I was about to face ahead of me so I put her back in the stroller and strapped her in this time. She cried all the way home! Needless to say, I ran instead of walked. After dinner, we played with their new Christmas toys and rolled around the living room floor until Beck's thumb got hurt.

Saturday morning, I took the kids to the pet store in hopes of seeing my Aunt Vickie since she was at the store next door but we missed her by five minutes. Oh well, we really enjoyed looking at the animals and petting them. Then, we went to the Spring Hill park and there were about a dozen kids there. Beck and Kinsey had a blast!

YamGrounds

YamGrounds1

The weather was gorgeous so that afternoon, we went to the City Park located at the Yamboree grounds. I've thought long and hard about this and I've decided to make a complaint on this park. It is the most unsafe park I've ever seen!

YamGrounds3

Let's play a game...there are three things wrong with this picture. Can you find them? I've tripped on this black fabric many times along with many other kids. Exposed pvc pipe in the tiny tots area...really? And, rocks! The mulch is GONE! Who wants to fall on large rocks? I don't even care that there are missing equipment but please add some mulch!!!

YamGrounds4

YamGrounds5

The germophobia in me was killing me as I was watching Beck play in this fecal infested sand box. Yes, we sanitized our hands as soon as we got in the car!

YamGrounds6

YamGrounds7

Let's not overlook the almost 2 1/2 foot drop from the end of the slide to the ground. Wow! Kinsey went down the slide and I didn't get to the end of the slide in time and she fell. You can't imagine how bad I felt! I've decided that we will never go back to this park until the city addresses the need for safety.

dangerous slide

This is the tiny tots area...need I say more?

dangerous slide1

I have a special place in my heart for single moms because they are on duty at all times. From what Brent is telling me, it sounds like I better get use to this because he's going to have four projects this summer which may require him to work a few weekends. I'm glad he's got job security!

No comments:

Post a Comment