Monday, January 16, 2012

Happy New Year!!!

12.31

Another year has passed by so quickly...where does the time go? I've often told my mom to slow down and smell the roses...maybe I should follow my own advice? I think there should be a happy medium so that we can all enjoy life. It's good to get out and do things but it's also good to take it easy...know what I mean? I'm known as the planner...I plan everything! If I have to run a lot of errands with the kids, I won't take them out the next day so that we can relax and enjoy the time we have together. Maybe I am following my own advice! My most favorite thing to do with the kids doesn't cost much...going to the park, visit the pet store or playing in Nanny's back yard. I also load them up in the double stroller and we walk around the neighborhood but that's mainly for me to get some much needed exercise. The hills around here are a killer when you are pushing around 70 pounds up a hill!

This past year had many changes for our family...I quit the little daycare that I operated out of our house, Kinsey had an awesome first birthday on the beach then we had a pool party for her when we returned which turned into a going away party since Brent was offered a job in Tyler! Sadly and without my approval, my mom moved to Costa Rica but she has discovered that life isn't always greener on the other side and is trying to get back 'home'. Brent has made a great impression with his new co-workers. Now, if we could just get our house sold in Plano then we could find our own 'home'!

New Years Eve10

My sweet sister-in-law, Jennifer, invited us to Jody's parents house for New Year's Eve and they put on a spectacular firework show! Beck said it was too loud so he stayed inside the house. Kinsey was a brave little girl. She squeezed me so tight when the very loud firecrackers popped but she never cried. I am so proud of her! After the big show, it was time to pop the little stuff and that's when Beck came out of the house. He thoroughly enjoyed the sparklers! He and Noah were running around giggling and thinking of what to do with their 'fire'! Then it occurred to them that they could try to burn a leaf or a bush! Kinsey just sat in my lap an watched the entertainment.

New Years Eve

New Years Eve1

New Years Eve2

New Years Eve3

I never wear polish because I can't keep it on...I like to pick it off! But, I wanted to do something fun so I used a sparkly red polish and I love it! This was Kinsey's first time to wear a ponytail...so cute!!!

New Years Eve4

New Years Eve5

Beck had so much fun playing with play dough...now I feel guilty for not letting him play with it more often.

New Years Eve9

New Years Eve6

Kinsey did her normal thing...found a few bags to drag out that I had to put up, snagged a lot of chocolate from the dessert table, climbed on the bar stool chair which made me nervous and played with the piano.

New Years Eve7

New Years Eve8

Thanks Aunt GigGi for a fun night! I can't wait to see what 2012 has in store for us...maybe a new house and maybe my mom will move back to Texas! I pray that God has good things coming to all of us this year. Happy New Year!

New Years Eve11

No comments:

Post a Comment