Sunday, January 15, 2012

The Best Gift

12.29

My very sweet and thoughtful husband gave me the best gift a girl could ever get for Christmas. He put together a presentation and wrapped it up...when I opened it Christmas Eve, there was a note written to me that I will cherish forever. He also mentioned us getting away the night before New Years Eve. On Thursday after he came home from work, we loaded up our stuff and the kids then dropped them off with Kiki and Pops. The original plan was for us to leave Friday morning but since we left a little earlier, we stayed at our house in Plano but before going to our house, we drove through the Deerfield subdivision that has the best Christmas lights we have ever seen. It's definitely worth seeing if you are in the area. It was so nice to be able to sleep in and not rush to get breakfast ready because the kids are starving. We took care of a few things around the house, ate breakfast then headed to the mall to spend our Christmas money. I ended up getting a pair of brown boots made by Carlos Santana...who would have thought an old rocker dude could produce a good-lookin' ladies boot? We ate lunch then headed to the hotel which was a surprise...we ended up staying at the Gaylord Hotel and our room had a balcony looking at the beautifully decorated atrium. Brent knows how much I love the fru-fru restaurants so he made reservations at Bob's Steak and Chop House. I do love fine dining but seeing a movie these days is pretty sparse and there are so many good movies out that I suggested we cancel our reservations and see two movies. Luckily, I didn't hurt his feelings and we ate dinner at Outback thanks to Kiki and Pops then saw Young Adult and Mission Impossible...we enjoyed both movies! However, I started getting a raging headache in the first movie and tried to fight through it but it was getting worse so I thought some liquid in my body would help. I drank a huge bottle of peach juice and it didn't help at all. When we walked out of the theater, I thought I was going to either pass out of puke so I bolted to the ladies restroom while Brent was getting a soda refill. He turned around and didn't know where I had went. Little did he know that I was puking my guts out...not the way I wanted our date to end! We went to a gas station to get some aspirin and I immediately crashed when we got to the hotel. I woke up about an hour later because I had to at least see the beautiful Christmas lights in the atrium. I stood on the balcony for about a minute then went back to bed.

gaylord hotel

gaylord hotel1

gaylord hotel2

We ate breakfast on the way back to Gilmer because we knew Kiki and Pops needed some relief. I really and truly enjoyed my gift but the best gift of our little get away was the time we spent together. In fact, that's why there are very little pictures to go along with this story because I didn't want to focus on documenting our journey...I only wanted to sit back, relax and enjoy it! I love you Brent Lee and thank you for the awesome Christmas gift! Also, a big thanks to Kiki and Pops for watching our little ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment