Sunday, August 8, 2010

Lessons to Learn

My sweet husband gave me an awesome gift for my camera...a fixed lens! [Thank you Katherine for guiding him and for giving me aperture tips!] I'm having so much fun learning how to take better pictures of the kids!

Aunt Wendy wanted to take Beck to the park one evening so off they went and my last words were, "Be careful!" It was so nice to have some quiet time but Beck's face was pretty banged up when they returned. Aunt Wendy thought it would be fun to swing and poor little Beck ran behind her and that's how he got banged up. I hope Beck learned not to get close to so
mebody on a swing and Aunt Wendy learned a lesson too...she's the baby-sitter not there to play.
The next day, we took Beck to a different park and his face looks a little better.
We went to Borders bookstore for story time and Beck had no part of sitting down and listening to the lady tell the story of Curious George make pizza so we checked out the kid's section. Beck had the best time playing with the stuffed animals! He would pick up a dinosaurs and say, "Roar" and he especially loved the Cookie Monster! I thought I was going to have to buy it u
ntil he found a six-pack of little books and that's when Cookie Monster was left behind. I had a hard time paying for those books because Beck was screaming, "My Books!"

The next day we made a trip to the play area at Stonebriar Mall and it was pretty crowded so Beck didn't play very long.

Brent's weekend goal for the last weekend Wendy is here...to work on the flower bed in front of our house. He cut down 5 over grown bushes and dug up the roots. Then, he laid filter fabric and covered it with mulch. It looks so much better and will look even more better when we plant bushes. It's too hot to do that now so that project will take place in the fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment