Thursday, July 10, 2014

MOPS and Soccer

02.27.14

Our table is responsible for breakfast today and I signed up to bring something sweet...donuts holes it is!  Yummy!  That's one of my favorite part of our meetings...eating fresh fruit, donuts and usually a breakfast casserole.

Our table discussion is, "What are some unique desires God has placed on your heart?"  (I can't remember why but our table never got around to talking about this.)

Devotional Time...Judy shared something that I always try to do on a daily basis which is using good manners and graciousness.  Judy is worried that Texas is losing the southern hospitality charm which I can kind of see happening but luckily there are some people such as my mom who tells everybody to have a blessed day.  I get super nervous talking to people because I'm deathly afraid of what I'm going to say.  I blame that on my childhood.  We never talked about anything!  But, I do make a point to say, "Hi" to the checker at the grocery store and I always say, "Thank you" after I've loaded my buggy with my groceries.  I've also learned that a smile and a sincere comment goes a long way especially with anybody in the service industry.  They have to put up with so many rude people that they love it when somebody is nice to them.  You have to remember that God wants us to love everybody.
Matthew 7:12  Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets.
Proverbs 12:18  There is that speaketh like the piercings of a sword: but the tongue of the wise is health.

Our speaker today is a lady from the American Red Cross and she gave us an 11-page guideline about Infant/Toddler Water Safety.  

soccer and daddy's office
Tonight is Beck's 4th soccer practice and I thought he had a game this Saturday but it's the next Saturday.  He is slowly warming up to the coach and to his teammates.  I'm so proud of him for trying so hard. 

No comments:

Post a Comment