Sunday, January 12, 2014

Yamboree / Queen's Pageant

10.16.13

Wednesday is Day One of the 76th Yamboree but the kids are in desperate need of a bath.  I was in the guest bedroom at Kiki and Pops house getting their clothes when they started yelling for me and I knew why they were yelling so I immediately ran back to the bathroom to turn the water off.  Yikes!!!
Wednesday of Yamboree

Wednesday of Yamboree1
After cleaning up and eating lunch, we drove to Leigh's grandmother's house and walked to the square for some Yamboree fun!  (On a side note, Leigh was a Lady-in-Waiting in 1992 and her mom, Amelia was also a Lady-in-Waiting in 1967 along with Deanna Bishop (Pops' sister).)

Wednesday of Yamboree2
Luckily, we were able to buy wrist bands for the kids for $15 each and they rode ALL AFTERNOON! 
Wednesday of Yamboree3

We ran into the Yamboree Queen and two of the Ladies-in-Waiting.  They were very sweet when we approached them and they are the ones that asked if we wanted to take a picture.  Let me explain who the Yam Queen is this year.  She is the niece of my high school friend (Kay) who was also Queen in 1988 and her mom was Queen in 1954.
Wednesday of Yamboree4

We joined Leigh's mom and I went on and on about her Yamboree boutonniere.  I really liked it!  So, she gave me one!  Awesome!  This is my very first Yamboree boutonniere which is hard to believe since I've attended the Yamboree for the most part of my life!  Anyway, Leigh had to get Natalie to the salon to get her hair fixed for the pageant tonight and we needed to get some rest.
Wednesday of Yamboree5

Wednesday of Yamboree6
Obviously, Kinsey is worn out!  Lol!  She needs to rest up before we go back to the square with Marcus.

Wednesday of Yamboree7
Marcus was beyond excited to go to the square with Beck and Kinsey!
Wednesday of Yamboree8

Wednesday of Yamboree9
They had so much fun!

Wednesday of Yamboree10
The Mask family have arrived and this is our first time to see Taylor semi-walk.

Yam Pageant3
Kelli and I went to the Queen's Pageant tonight and the theme is Faberge egg.
Yam Pageant11

Yam Pageant4
This is last year's Queen.

Yam Pageant5
The dresses really are a sight to see.
Yam Pageant6

Yam Pageant7
This is Leigh's daughter, Natalie.
Yam Pageant8

Yam Pageant9
The Queen's dress is stunningly beautiful!
Yam Pageant10

Yam Pageant12
I came home to find my princess waiting for me.  I love you Kinsey!

No comments:

Post a Comment