Saturday, January 25, 2014

Aunt Wendy's Visit and Much More

10.21-25.13

Fourth Week of October
I took Beck, Kinsey and Aunt Wendy to the park on Monday afternoon and they had so much fun.

Fourth Week of October2
Aunt Wendy also got to watch Kinsey dance Tuesday morning and she loved it.
Fourth Week of October1

Fourth Week of October3
Then, we had to make a dash to Gilmer for my hair appointment and of course the kids fell asleep on the way there.

Fourth Week of October4
I love my sister and my new do!

Fourth Week of October5
We had to rush back to Tyler for Open House at Beck's school.  He was THRILLED to show us around his room and the playground!
Fourth Week of October6

Fourth Week of October7

Fourth Week of October8

Fourth Week of October9

Fourth Week of October10


Fourth Week of October11
The kids nightly routine varies but what they love to do these days is build a house for their babies.  I especially love watching Beck build a covered bed for Kinsey's Minnie Mouse.  He is the sweetest big brother!

Fourth Week of October12
I took Aunt Wendy home yesterday because I have a MOPS meeting on this Thursday morning.  Kinsey loves going to the 3-4 year old class and she made a cat mask today.  I did not do a good job documenting our meetings but I will say that our very first "real" meeting was so awesome!  All of the Table Moms sat in front of the group and answered questions that we had written on 3x5 cards the last time we met.  It was incredible to hear their answers.  The question and answer I loved the most was, "What would you do different?  EVERYTHING!"  It was hilarious watching them laugh and talk about all the things they would have done differently.  I loved this meeting so much that I could not wait for the next one!  Well, the next one was about a lady that has been through so much after getting married.  She talked about her very first pregnancy and how annoying she was because she acted like she was the very first person to ever be pregnant.  She ended up having a miscarriage which brought back memories of my miscarriage when we were in FL for Jeff and Jill's wedding.  Then, she talked about her next pregnancy.  Her doctor had just received the brand new 3-D sonogram machine and tested it on her.  They quickly discovered that her baby did not have arms or legs.  There was not a dry eye in that room!  She went on to talk about her baby being in a full body cast with diarrhea.  It took over 2 hours to change one diaper and that's with many tools and tears.  She also had complications with her third pregnancy and this is when you thank Heavenly Father for all of the blessings in your life.  This lady never cried while she was telling us all of this stuff that has happened to her.  She is such an inspiration and shared many tips if we know someone going through tough times.  Since I'm writing this in January, I can tell you that these two meetings were my absolute favorite for this past semester.  I'm going to do a much better job of documenting our meetings this semester because I do learn something at each one.  I would recommend MOPS to anybody with little ones.  They meet in different churches and each group is different.  Luckily, my new friend, Janna, said she tried out three groups and claims this one is the best. 

Fourth Week of October13
Kinsey and I went to a membership warehouse club afterwards and grabbed some lunch before picking up Beck.

Fourth Week of October14
Fun Friday (this is my new term to get Beck excited about going to school on the 5th day of the week!) is Crazy Hat Day!

Fourth Week of October15
And, it's also his Halloween party!  I volunteered to bring plates and napkins.  A lot of parents showed up and we all stood on one side of the room while the kids ate their treats. 
Fourth Week of October16

Fourth Week of October17

Fourth Week of October18
Fun Friday was a hit and the kids love their new stuffed animals from Sam's!

No comments:

Post a Comment