Sunday, November 10, 2013

Friday Fun Night...and the rest of the weekend

08.23.13

We are finally shopping for a new couch and let me tell you how to get the best bang for your buck.  There's a place in Broken Bow, OK called Glen's Furniture and they will order anything you find that's made in the USA for significantly less than what you would pay in any furniture store.  So, we looked at almost every furniture store in Tyler and learned a lot about leather furniture.  There are several types of leather furniture so do your research before making this investment.  We found a couple of couches that we fell in love with at a very elite furniture store known as Swann's so I took a picture of the price tag because you will need the manufacturer name and product number in order to order it from Glen's.  I was so nervous!!!  I just knew the sales lady was going to ask me, "What are you doing?".  All of the furniture stores are having Labor Day sales.  The very first one that caught our eye has the crocodile pattern stamped on it.  Wow!  You can really see it on the ottoman in the picture below.  We tried hard to find this one but couldn't and Glen's couldn't get it either.
furniture, hc, 1st day of school

furniture, hc, 1st day of school1
This one looks like the one that we ended up ordering.  The only catch is that it will take six to eight weeks to come in and we have to pick it up in OK but it's totally worth it because we saved SO much money!!!

I've been looking at dining tables and there's one particular style that I absolutely love and it's a rectangle shaped table with a bench seat on one side and chairs on the other side.  My friend, Kelli, has one in her house and I fell in love with it.  She showed me where she bought it in Canton and the price is way out of our range.  I've been trying to talk Brent into building me one because I know he can do it for so much less than what the stores charge.  Well, Swann's has the table I've been looking for and this is Brent's comment, "So, you want a picnic table?"  Ha!  I never looked at it that way but I guess that's what I want.  I just know the kids will enjoy the bench seat.
furniture, hc, 1st day of school2

furniture, hc, 1st day of school3
On Saturday, Beck got a hair cut before his first day of kindergarten.  I sure wish he would let me put some product in his hair and spike it up.

furniture, hc, 1st day of school4
He pushed his hair down as soon as we walked out the door. 

furniture, hc, 1st day of school5
Kinsey and I are ready to absorb the teachings of Christ on this lovely Sunday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment