Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Age of the Dinosaur

08.22.13

Yesterday, we went to story time and it is completely different since Miss Love has left.  The new reader read a couple of books about going back to school, didn't attempt any songs and the craft was already done!  (See all of the paper bags sitting on the table.)  She handed out the bags along with a zip lock baggie filled with cut outs of school supplies.  They were instructed to add each supply to the paper bag as she read the book.  I'm really not digging this new style.  Bummer!
Ore City10

Then, I left the kids with Neena so I could get my hair cut and colored.  Getting my hair done is such a treat!


We have big plans with our new friends today...Janna invited us to brunch at a place called The Egg and I.  I really like the name of this place!  I ordered the smallest thing on the menu because I knew I would probably end up eating Beck and Kinsey's left overs.  So, I got french toast; Kinsey got half of a waffle, scrambled eggs and sausage; Beck wanted mac n cheese.  (I really think he's going to turn into macaroni noodles.)  The food was really good so check it out if you are in the Tyler area.
Ore City11

Ore City12
Beck and Cash have a couple of things in common...they are the oldest child and they have a younger sister.

Ore City13
(Cash, Kinsey, Beck and Blake)

Then, we went to the planetarium to watch a movie called Sea Rex which was a documentary about the dinosaurs that lived in the ocean. It was interesting.

We really enjoyed looking at the dinosaur exhibit located outside of the theater room.
Ore City14

Ore City15

Ore City16

What a blessing that we already have friends in our new town!  It makes me so happy that Beck will know at least one person at his first day of kindergarten and Kinsey has a friend in her dance class.  Thanks for a fun day Janna, Cash and Blake!

No comments:

Post a Comment