Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Whitehouse Library

07.24.13

The Whitehouse library is closer to our house than the Tyler library by 3 miles and I've heard that you have to pay $0.50 for each book you check out if you do not have a Tyler address.  All signs are pointing to the Whitehouse library so we are going to check it out today.  I saw on facebook that the books being read are all about Texas and the post encouraged kids to wear red, white and blue.  The lady that led story time is awesome!  She not only read a few books but she sang cute songs and had hand movements to go with the songs.  I was so excited until I heard her announcement...the moving van was at her house loading up her stuff and she was moving to another state.  Urgh! 
Whitehouse library

Whitehouse library1
After hearing that sad news, the kids moved to another room where they sat at tables and worked on the craft which was the Texas flag.  So cute!!!  The hour-long story time ended with a snack and a cup of water.  I'm very impressed!

Whitehouse library2
We are so excited that we have found a great library and we can't wait to go back.

Whitehouse library3
Does it ever get old to take the cushions off the couch?  Oh well, I still love them and I still think they are super cute! 

No comments:

Post a Comment