Friday, October 18, 2013

Kindergarten Moms

08.08.13

Yesterday, we took a road trip to Gilmer so the kids can spend the night at Kiki's house with Ava, Lola and Otto. Today, I met Brent at the title company in Longview to close on our house then drove to Neena's house since she moved the same weekend we did.  Since she pretty much left almost everything in Costa Rica, she is already settled in and totally unpacked.  Then, I drove back to our new casa to get ready for a kindergarten mom get-together.  How exciting!
Ava and Lola Visit at New House

Janna asked the teachers if the kids have placemats for lunch and they have seasonal ones but they don't have any for the beginning of the year.  So, Janna got all of the email addresses from the school, invited all of the moms to her house for dinner and to make placemats for our kiddos.  A couple of nights ago, I did some snooping on facebook and discovered that Janna is married to Jeff...a guy that graduated high school with me!  That means our sons will be in the same class and our girls are the same age and will be in the same dance class.  How crazy is that!  Anyway, she served pizza and the other moms brought stuff to go with that such as salad, fruit and I brought cotton candy cupcakes.  I really wanted to make something but ran out of time.  Janna set up the dining room table with markers, pencils and scriptures.  She also posted what she created for her son so we could get an idea on what to do with ours.  I'm impressed!  I'm in trouble because I'm not the artist in the family...that would be Daddy.  Yikes!
Kinder Moms

Kinder Moms2

Kinder Moms1
I looked on the internet for a picture of Optimus Prime and did the best job I could.  I also looked up scriptures and found one that I thought was perfect for Beck.  I know he will be so nervous the first few days as he will be making new friends.

Kinder Moms3
I think the other moms did a great job!
Kinder Moms4

It was really nice meeting the moms and big thanks to Janna for putting this together!  Not only did Janna organize this get-together but she also went up to the school and laminated all of them.  I'm writing this two months after the fact and after the first week of school, I asked him about his placemat.  His eyes lit up like it was Christmas and told me about his Optimus Prime placemat.  I asked him if he knew who made it and he said, "no".  He thought it was pretty cool that Mommy made his placemat.  About a week later, Janna told me that she asked her son, "who has the coolest placemat?"  Her son, Cash, said that Beck has the coolest placemat. Ha!  After hearing that, I asked Beck that same question and his response was, "I have the coolest placemat."  Yeah me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment