Monday, September 17, 2012

The Best Restaurant in Pensacola!

Usually, I'm the one that has these bright ideas which are known as "Sheri's Adventures" and most of the time they turn out fun but every once in a while my adventure is a bust.  Shocking as it may be, Brent actually took advice from a co-worker and we drove all the way to Pensacola to eat at Joe Patti's.  By the time we got there, it was dinner time for the kids and they were ready to eat!  A small trailer was set up in front of this place and two ladies were selling beignets which is my all time favorite thing to eat!  Anyway, we go inside with great expectations of eating a fabulous seafood meal.  However, this place is a meat market where you buy fresh fish, take it home and cook it yourself!  Bam!  We were totally bummed but at the same time I was laughing so hard on the inside because Brent's adventure turned out to be a bust.  We both laughed about it because something like this normally happens to me.  Needless to say, we had to buy some beignets because the kids were so hungry.  We walked to the back of this place to take a look at the boats they use to bring in the fresh fish and to gobble up some powdered sugar coated beignets.  Kinsey looks like a little bird with her mouth wide open!
Wednesday Beach126

We also ate some beignets in Daddy's truck and made a big, big mess!
Wednesday Beach127

We drove around searching for a seafood restaurant and finally found one that looked appealing called, Nick's Boathouse.  To our surprise, kids eat free on Thursday night...yippee!!!  I fell in love with the paintings especially the one with the sunshine song on it because I sing that song to Kinsey every night and I used to sing it to Beck when he was younger.  That is a very special song to me and it sometimes bring tears to my eyes when I sing it to them because they truly are my sunshine.
Wednesday Beach128

At this point, we are still optimistic about this place but quickly fell in love with the ambiance when we sat on the patio.  Wow, what a view!
Wednesday Beach129

The many faces of Kinsey which makes me smile!
Wednesday Beach130

She loves taking pictures and she wanted to take one of us...I love it!
Wednesday Beach131

Beckster is such a little sweetie pie!  Kinsey wanted to sit in his chair and he gave her a kiss...just melts my heart!
Wednesday Beach132

Brent ordered the shrimp po boy...do you see how many shrimp are on his sandwich?  Wow!  I ordered blackened shrimp with the vegetable of the day which happens to be my favorite, squash and zucchini and it was served with the best tasting sweet/sour sauce!!!  My food was incredible!  The kids menu had a selection of tasty items including shrimp which is what we got for Beck because he loves them but refers to them as chicken.  He ate every single shrimp on his plate!!!  Kinsey is into walking around while we eat and we would give her bites as she passes us.  This is a must if you are in the area!  As we were about to leave, the manager that we had been talking to gave us a $10 gift certificate for our next visit.  How awesome is that!?!?  I'm keeping it for our next trip to the beach! 
Wednesday Beach133

After dinner, we took a walk down to the water...
Wednesday Beach134

Wednesday Beach135

Since we were in Pensacola, we decided to check out a new ferris wheel that just opened up the beginning of July called 360 with air conditioned gondolas.  It was pretty neat but I wish we had got there before it was dark.
Wednesday Beach136

Then, we stopped in Hershey's for what every beach trip must include...ice cream!
Wednesday Beach137

We made lots of memories today!  And, it doesn't end here...remember the picture of Beck's buried dump truck and the spiral metal stakes that I pointed out in a previous post?  Around midnight, I walked out on the balcony for one last look of the ocean and noticed the water was coming up really high.  I saw water under our tent!  Brent had already gone to bed so I walked down there and moved all of our stuff further back on the beach.  All of the spiral stakes were about to wash away as well as all of the toys that we had put in Beck's dump truck and the kiddie pool probably would have been gone too if I had not gone down there and moved everything.  What an exciting midnight adventure!  I tried to take a picture of the water under our tent but it was too dark.

1 comment:

  1. Loved hearing about our Joe Patti's adventure! Love the pics, love the blog! Keep up the great work! Love BB

    ReplyDelete