Sunday, February 6, 2011

Snow Storm - Day Four

We watched the news Thursday night to see what would happen on Friday and all of the weather people forecasted 1-2" of snow. Brent said that the storm could very easily sway one direction and we could end up getting a lot more snow than what they are predicting. I woke up at 1:30am because I heard a noise so I got up and walked thru the house to try and figure out what the noise was and peeked out the back door window and saw snow falling. They were tiny flakes. The noise woke me up again at 2:30 so this time I put Brent's boots and coat on and checked out the pool equipment to make sure everything was ok and it was still snowing. I could not figure out what the noise was so I went back to bed. Kinsey woke up at 6am so I changed her diaper and put her in bed with me and luckily she went back to sleep. The next thing I hear at 7am is Beck shouting, "Sheri Sheri, get up and see the snow!" [I have no idea why Beck called me by my name instead of Mommy.] Kinsey and I were snuggled up together and I didn't want to get up since I had already seen the snow. Brent informed me that it was a winter wonderland outside so I had to see what he was talking about. Everything was covered with powdery snow!!! So much snow had fallen that we could not tell where the curb was and it was still snowing.

It was beautiful! All of the schools closed again and Brent's office closed so this was the fourth day for Bishop Playhouse to be closed as well. This is our back yard...the pool is frozen and you can't tell where the spa is located because it is covered with snow.
Just like Brent predicted, the storm shifted by about 60 miles and we ended up getting over 6" of snow. This was the first time for the Plano school district to close four days in a row. This is our side yard and you can see the snow built up on the fence (ground and top).

We couldn't wait to get dressed and play in the snow. We put three layers on Kinsey but she didn't last long...she went down for her morning nap. I put the monitor outside and we continued to play.

The snow was too powdery to build a snowman but Beck still had fun running around in the snow.

Beck was ready to go in but I had to get one more picture and he was so upset.

This has been a very eventful week and it was especially nice to have Brent home three days!

No comments:

Post a Comment