Sunday, February 6, 2011

Ice Storm - Day Three

I've seen the schools close for a day or two because of bad weather but we are now on day three of no school! Wow! This is crazy! The temperature has been so low that the ice covering the roads has not been able to melt. There are ruts on the major streets but the neighborhoods are what's bad since there is so little traffic to create ruts. Brent had to go to work today so the kids and I stayed in all day. I'm too scared to get out and drive on the ice.

A few months ago, Brent got a ticket in the mail for running a red light so he contacted the appropriate people to fight it and got an appeal date which happened to be yesterday. That's the one day that just about everything was closed because the roads were so bad and I had to drive to the police sub station! Luckily, it was very close to our house but my heart raced the entire way there and I was scared to death of wrecking!!! Brent was convinced that he had come to a complete stop before turning right at the red light. I met with an older gentleman and he asked if I had seen the video. Of course I had not seen the video and I was hoping that Brent really did stop before turning at the light. The man told me that I would not have received a ticket if I had stopped at the light. He thought I was driving the truck because the person that is registered to that vehicle must appear to fight the ticket. I was so embarrassed after watching the video because Brent did not come to a complete stop which means we have to pay the ticket. The man was very nice about it and said the same thing happened to him...he got a ticket, thought he had stopped but he watched the video and saw that he did not stop. I think sometimes we are in such a rush that we think we did the right thing until we see it from a different perspective. I told Brent he owes me big time since I risked my life driving on such trecherous conditions!

On another note, little Miss Kinsey will be 8 months old in a couple of weeks...she is crawling, pulling herself up and has fallen a few times which means we need to be by her side when she wants to stand up, she now has two bottom teeth and will NOT open her mouth to eat food! I've tried many things such as blowing in her face which takes her breath away but she opens her mouth and that's when I stick the spoon-full of food in her mouth. But that gets old so the one thing that works the best is giving her a spoon. She is teething and chewing on the spoon feels so good. When she opens her mouth to stick the spoon in her mouth, I quickly get my spoon in her mouth and leave it there until she sucks the food off of it. Otherwise, she'll spit the food out if I take the spoon out of her mouth. This little girl is a mess!!! If you look closely at the second picture you can see one tooth.
This is how it all started...we watched Kinsey pull herself up using the kitchen shelves. A couple of days later, I went into her room after she woke up from her morning nap to find her standing up in her crib! I guess it's time to lower the crib.

No comments:

Post a Comment