Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Happy Birthday to Me!

It is pretty typical for the weather to turn bad right around my birthday which really stunk when I was younger. I can remember wishing I had been born later in the year so I could have a pool party. My cousin, Christie, was born four months after I was and I was always so envious because she could have whatever kind of party she wanted and never had to worry about bad weather. Well, this year, it was kind of nice to have bad weather the day before my birthday because I got to spend it with my favorite people...Brent, Beck and Kinsey!

Forty years ago, my mother was twenty years old and delivered her first baby girl in Longview, TX at Good Shepard Hospital. Who would have thought that I would wait until I was forty to have my second child? [Actually, I was 39 when I had Kinsey but she will turn one the same year I turn 40. Yikes! That's a scary thought!] I wonder where I'll be when she and Beck celebrate their 40th birthday? I do hope I get to live long enough to see Beck and Kinsey's kids.


Kim Kardashian recently celebrated her 30th birthday and she kept saying that 30 is SO old. She is on a reality show and she was so down in the dumps about her birthday. You can only imagine how that made me feel. Oh well, I'm going to keep living like I'm still 29 years old!


Brent did everything perfect...he brought home my favorite meal from Panda Express and my favorite chocolate chip cookie from the cookie place in the mall. Everything was SO yummy and I sure enjoyed being at home with my family!

No comments:

Post a Comment