Monday, July 23, 2012

Our Visit with Aunt Wendy

07.09-11.2012

Our first half of this week was exciting to say the least.  Daddy blew up the new pool and the kids had fun playing in it.
2nd week of July

2nd week of July1

Beck discovered that his moose pj's that Kiki and Pops gave all of the grandkids from their Alaskan cruise match his bedspread that Neena gave him a few months ago. 
2nd week of July2

Oh my goodness, Kinsey cracks me up.  We went to the grocery store while Beck was in school and she insisted on wearing my sunglasses in the store.  She walked from the car into the store with these glasses on.  Then, she continued wearing them in the store while I shopped.  Neena keeps telling me that Kinsey reminds her of me when I was a little girl which is a little scary.
2nd week of July3

On Monday afternoon, we watched the movie The Smurfs at the library, drove to Longview to pick up Aunt Wendy, picked up pizza and ate dinner at Neena's house.  There are lots of ducks in her neighborhood and lots of fish in the pond so we went for a walk to check it out.  Beck and Kinsey tried to lure the ducks close to us by throwing bread at them but I guess they were full because we couldn't get them to come over to us.  And, there were more ducks in a neighbors yard so Beck and Kinsey decided to chase them!  I thought it was funny but I don't think Neena was very happy.  We ended up walking by her old house (the one she lived in before moving to Henderson) and stopped by the clubhouse.  That's when I noticed that Beck needed to use the bathroom!  Stephen went back to the house to get the pool card and he got back just in time for Beck to go to the bathroom.  Whew!  While in the bathroom, Kinsey decided to go for a swim but I was not prepared for us to take a dip in the pool which means no bathing suits.  When Beck and I walked out of the restroom, I saw my little girl in the pool naked!  Beck, of course, wanted to join her so now I've got two naked kids in the pool!  Yikes!  Luckily, nobody was at the pool and we didn't stay long but we sure had fun and laughed a lot!  Stephen also brought back a couple of towels so we could dry the kids off before putting their clothes back on.  And, we rode in the back of Stephen's truck to get to their house which the kids think is the coolest thing to do now. 
2nd week of July4

2nd week of July5

2nd week of July6

On Tuesday afternoon, Wendy suggested that we take the kids to the city park which is not my favorite place to go since it is in need of some major attention but I'm glad we did go because the city finally added some much needed mulch, replaced missing swings and added pads under the swings and slides.  I am super happy!!!
2nd week of July7

2nd week of July8

On Wednesday afternoon, we went to the library to watch a puppet show and this lady pulled out all of the tricks.  Not only were the puppets very entertaining but she also incorporated silly string in the show, spraying water in the audience, bubbles and snow!  Beck, Kinsey, Avery (Beck's soccer friend was also there) and Aunt Wendy absolutely loved it!  Then, it was time to take Aunt Wendy to my Aunt Vickie's house.  She's going to stay there for a few days then Aunt Vickie will take Wendy to dad's house so she can spend the weekend with him.  She had a lot of fun with us and we look forward to letting her stay with us again next month.
2nd week of July9

2nd week of July11

2nd week of July12

No comments:

Post a Comment