Tuesday, July 31, 2012

New Splash Park

07.19.12

Longview recently opened up a brand new splash park near the park we love called Kid's View so we checked it out this afternoon.  Kinsey does not like the splash pad at the Spring Hill park so I was leery as to what would happen especially since Beck loves the splash pad.  To my surprise, Kinsey LOVED it!!!  Beck and Kinsey had so much fun at this new splash park!  In fact, we played for 2.5 hours!  I kept asking them if they were ready to go but they kept telling me that they wanted to play.  And, I'm so glad I did not take my big fancy camera because I got soaking wet on several occasions...even my iPhone got a little wet but I've got insurance on that gadget. 
new splash pad

new splash pad1

new splash pad2

new splash pad4

The one thing that most kids love at this splash park is the giant Dr. Pepper can that fills up with water then releases it.  Of course, Beck and Kinsey stayed far, far away from this one but every once in a while they would forget about it and the water splashing down would scare them a little or splash them a bit.
new splash pad3

new splash pad14

The entire time we were there I was surprised at the things Beck and Kinsey did and seeing them run through the misters was one of those moments.
new splash pad5

new splash pad7

new splash pad6

new splash pad8

new splash pad9

new splash pad10

This was the most shocking of all...watching Kinsey go down the slide head first!  Wow!  She did this over and over and over but Beck never attempted this move.
new splash pad12

This was really neat...seeing the rainbow in the misters.
new splash pad13

new splash pad11

What a fun afternoon!  I can't wait to take the kids back!

We picked up pizza on the way home then visited Nanny.  I think it was technology overload for her because Beck was showing her how to watch a movie on the iPad, Kinsey was playing a game on Daddy's phone and I was showing her pictures that I took today on my iPhone.  Maybe a bit overwhelming for her but I know she enjoyed every minute of it.  I could see it on her face.
new splash pad15

1 comment:

  1. What a fun splash pad park!! Totally awesome! I wish it was there last summer. :) Kiki's blow up water slide looks like a great time! Glad your family is doing well!!

    ReplyDelete