Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Joy School Easter Egg Hunt

03.30

Usually, the Joy School kids meet at the Spring Hill park which I love but this time I thought it would be more fun if we met at the Country Club instead for several reasons. First of all, the Spring Hill park does not have any trees so it wouldn't be as fun to hide the Easter eggs. Secondly, it's too far for one mom to drive and I really wanted her kids to participate in the big Easter egg hunt. Plus, it's nice for all of us to save money on gas by staying in town. Unfortunately, Grace has the flu and is unable to play with us today. All of the kids had so much fun playing and I sure enjoyed watching them laugh. I had planned on making sugar cookies and letting Beck decorate them Thursday night but totally forgot so I had to bake some Easter cookies that I already had on hand this morning...they turned out pretty cute! What's funny is Heather forgot too so she brought a bowl of mandarin oranges which the kids loved!

Joy Easter1

Joy Easter2

I do not get Mom of the Year award today because I forgot to bring the kids Easter baskets! Luckily, they are too young to care about carrying a grocery sack and a zip-lock bag to collect Easter eggs.

Joy Easter3

They all watched us hide the eggs but that's ok...they had fun "hunting" for them and Ethan was very sweet to Beck and showed him where to find some eggs.

Joy Easter4

Joy Easter6

After finding (hopefully) all of the eggs, the kids enjoyed looking at the treats in each egg. I foresee a small lunch today.

Joy Easter7

Joy Easter8

This was a great practice for the kids before the big Easter egg hunt next weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment