Friday, February 17, 2012

My Birthday Celebration with Neena and Aunt Vickie

02.09

The day before my birthday...I enjoy celebrating another year of life but I don't enjoy telling people my age. With that being said, I've decided that I'm going to starting counting backwards...I'm looking forward to turning 38 next year!

Neena and Aunt Vickie met us at the library this morning. The kids received a Valentine goodie bag from Miss Debbie (the librarian) which included a pencil, Tootsie roll, candy conversation hearts and a sucker. Beck and Kinsey immediately wanted the sucker...what a mess!

Neena stopped by the Butcher Shop this morning and picked up cupcakes for my birthday because she knows how much I love them. Beck and Kinsey dug into the red velvet cupcakes and loved them. I can't wait to dig into the Italian Cream cupcakes...so yummy!

bday with mom

bday with mom1

Vickie wanted to see the creek behind Nanny's house and Beck really enjoyed showing her how he can throw rocks and sticks in the water to create a big splash.

bday with mom2

bday with mom3

Beck and Kinsey love to show off when we have company over and boy did they put on a show this morning....they were cracking me up! And, of course, Neena and Aunt Vickie loved it too.

bday with mom4

bday with mom5

bday with mom6

Amanda cut and colored my hair yesterday and I love what she does with my hair.

bday with mom7

We ate lunch at a Mexican restaurant on the square then Vickie headed home. Last week, I ventured out one day and had planned on driving to the Gilmer lake but I ended up turning into a newly developed neighborhood to discover over 100 goats and a sheep dog!!! I wanted to show mom what I had found and she couldn't get over the flimsy fence, all of the hungry goats and the poor dog that needs some desperate attention. Can you imagine hearing over 100 goats saying, "baaa" at the same time? Beck thought it was overwhelmingly loud so he covered his ears. I searched through my diaper bag for some food and ended up letting Beck and Kinsey throw cereal and raisins to the goats. Next time, I will bring a lot more food.

bday with mom8

sheep

bday with mom11

Beck couldn't wait to play in the pond in this new neighborhood. It's a good thing he wore his rain boots because he came awfully close to stepping in the water.

bday with mom9

What a great early birthday celebration! I got to spend it with the people I love very much.
bday with mom10

No comments:

Post a Comment