Thursday, April 7, 2011

Painting Party for Leigh








Leigh's mother-in-law paid for a painting party for her birthday. She could invite seven friends and I was so excited when I heard about it. I'm certainly not an artist but was looking forward to getting out of the house and having conversations with adults! This party was planned way before we found out that we would be painting our living room so I went to the party with Kilz all over my arms and hands. I also had to ask Jeff and Jill if they could watch Kinsey for about an hour so that Brent could finish getting the Kilz on the walls.

Each person starts with a blank canvas, a plate of colors and paint brushes.

We were told to pick a picture and I already had in mind that I wanted to do something for Kinsey or Beck's room. I found the perfect picture! To begin, we had to paint the background color all over the canvas. I painted mine black then added a little white to add some definition. Then, the ladies working the painting party dried the paint with a blow dryer. Once it was dry the lady would trace your picture on your canvas in chalk. It took the entire time to get mine perfect and I'm so proud of it! I can't wait to put it in a silver frame and hang it in Kinsey's room.

I think everybody did a fabulous job and they are so talented!

No comments:

Post a Comment