Thursday, May 6, 2010

Swim Class

Swim class has officially ended and here are my thoughts...I did not enjoy getting my 8-month pregnant self in the icy cold water but I did enjoy Beck latching on to me like a leech. I did not enjoy the first class because Beck cried almost the entire 30 minutes but I did enjoy seeing him progress the second and last class. He learned to kick his feet in the water and he walked in the shallow water the second class. He learned to climb out of the pool in the third class which took a lot of strength considering we didn't use a Little Swimmer diaper so his regular diaper probably added an extra 5 lbs!

This is the only time Beck smiled during the entire class and this is my favorite picture because he has the biggest smile!
His favorite toy was the water bucket and he would have loved going down the water slide but they wouldn't let him do that during class. They said he was too young but if we went back in the afternoon then he could use the slide.
I wish I knew how to consolidate several small video clips into one but I don't so here are many video clips of the last class and pay close attention to Brent's commentary [he cracks me up!]...Oh and the last video has to do with the rock climbing wall that is located at the front of the Natatorium. Beck always wants to climb it so Brent helped him until the girl at the front desk said we couldn't do that.

1 comment:

  1. I haven't watched the video clips yet, because I'm still reminiscing about the icy cold water, clinging child, 8-months pregnant thing. Jake & I took a swimming class at the Allen Natatorium shortly after we moved back here. 8 months is a LOT of belly to put in a cold pool. Sympathy, sistah, sympathy!

    ReplyDelete