Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

Brent had to take a mandatory class Friday night (5:30-10), Saturday and Sunday morning (9-1) so Beck and I had lots of bonding time this Mother's Day weekend.

Friday night, we got my SUV washed, finally got an inspection sticker (had been out since September 2009), picked up both our medicine (my nausea pills and his antibiotics for a nasty nose) then we got dinner at Wendy's. We got home at 7pm and Beck ate all of the kid's hamburger (minus the pickles) and most of the french fries! I was so proud of him because he normally doesn't eat that well for us...Linda tells me he does a great job of eating for her but I think that's because he's at a table with all of the other kids.

Saturday morning, we got ready to meet Leigh, Natalie and Anderson at Waters Creek for an arts festival. Beck ran out of the garage, fell down as soon as he hit the driveway and really scraped up his knee. I have to give him big boy credit because he didn't cry. He kept saying, "hurt" and holding his knee that was bleeding. So, we stopped by Wal-Mart to purchase some spray-on Neosporin and that's when he cried...when I sprayed his knee. The arts festival was a bust (very few artists and very pricey) but we did have fun feeding the ducks and letting the kids run around while we listened to a band perform. Leigh gave me a sack full of girly stuff for Kinsey (tights, socks, lots of burp clothes and so many bibs that I could not wash them for a solid month and be just fine!). Beck and I went home, ate lunch then took a nap. While we were napping, Brent was pulling up the crab grass that will not die! Jeff, Jill and Marcus showed up at 4 and we headed to Studio Movie Grill. We got home around 7, tried to get Beck to eat dinner but he wouldn't.

Sunday, Beck and I played all morning then we went to Boston Market for lunch. Took a nap but I got up when I heard Brent come home. He went grocery shopping for me! He took a nap and by the time he woke up, dinner was ready. I made a casserole but it was very dry because I forgot to cover it while it baked. Bummer!

Maybe next year, we will get to do more things as a family...

This is what Beck made for me at Mrs. Linda's...I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment