Monday, May 17, 2010

Baby Shower for Kinsey

Kathleen, Natalie Riley Seely and Tiffany Davlin very generously offered to host a baby shower for me and baby Kinsey Faith.Kathleen came in Friday night and we ate dinner at On the Border then went home to take care of our sick little boy. Beck developed a fever Wednesday night so he was not himself until Sunday...that was his first day of not having any fever. Whew! His throat was so sore that he could barely talk...it was so sad seeing him that way but I did get lots of snuggle time!

The shower was held at Natalie's house on Saturday at 11am and she lives one mile from me so it was very convenient. Mom and Wendy arrived at my house around 10am and they drove me to the shower which was a nice treat. The food consisted of an assortment of sandwiches from la Madeleine with Tomato Basil Pesto Pasta Salad, spinach salad, fruit tray, dips, crackers and yummy cupcakes. It was exactly how I had envisioned it...a small group of ladies so that I could talk to everybody. The shower was very, very nice! My biggest regret is not taking any pictures. I got a few pictures from Kathleen...
We received many wonderful gifts from diapers, wipes, clothes, gift cards, bath towels, etc. I would like to show off some of the hand made gits...

I am so lucky to have such talented friends!

This is Kinsey's very first tutu with onsie and matching bow given by Tracy Moore Martinez (not sure who made it).
This is the most beautiful quilt I could ask for made with love by Jill Bishop.
Jill also made these bedazzled pacifier clips...so stinking cute!
Pam Stracener (mom's co-worker) made the letters that spell Kinsey's name and match her bedding.
Natalie made this beautiful photo frame (I want to learn how to make this!).
Kristen (Madeline's mom) made this super cute tutu and bows.
Jennifer and Katherine gave me these bows/headbands and wipe holder made by Katherine's friend (2 little mama's).
These are the things that Mom had personalized for Kinsey (photo album, bib, burp cloth and onesie).
We received so many wonderful gifts and want to thank everybody for making this journey so exciting!

After the shower, I drove Mom to Linda's house so she would know where to go when she's here to take care of Beck while I'm in the hospital. Then, we drove to the hospital and toured the maternity ward. Beck was born at Baylor downtown Dallas which is very far from our house. Since I have a new doctor, Kinsey will be born at Baylor in Frisco which is really close to our house and a fairly new facility so the rooms are super nice! All of the rooms have wood floors, flat screen tv and a web cam for those that want to view Kinsey on their computer.
After showing Mom the ropes, Brent and I headed to Stonebriar mall to see the movie Robin Hood starring Russell Crowe and Cate Blanchett. It was a great movie and we enjoyed getting out of the house. Mom enjoyed getting lots of snuggle time with Beck.

What a wonderful day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment