Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Paint...

My super hard-working husband works on our house every weekend and he has done so much to improve the looks of it! I'm so lucky that he has the skills to do this because it has saved us a ton of money. I'm also blessed that he wants to do this on the two days off from work.

This past weekend, he painted the trim on our house to match the trim on our windows and it looks awesome! Even our neighbor, Judy, came over and said she loved it and was jealous because she has the dark brown trim.

While Brent painted, Beck and I busted out the chalk and drew lots of pictures on the side walk, took a super long walk and Beck spent lots of time in his Little Tikes car. Regarding the super long walk...Beck was in his car pushing himself like Fred Flintstone and I thought we would come back when he got tired. Little did I know that it takes a long time for Beck to get tired. I asked him several times if he wanted to go back home and he said, "No" so we kept going. After going several blocks, Beck decided to ditch the car and walk. We ended up walking to the very end of our street (Stilwell) which is .5 mile so we walked a total of 1 mile! I didn't have a cell phone which didn't matter because Brent was outside painting and he didn't have his cell phone either. I was praying he would get worried about us and drive down the street looking for us. That didn't happened and of course Beck got super tired of walking and wanted me to carry him. So, I'm 8-months preggers, carrying a 35 pound boy AND pushing his car home. Needless to say, I was completely exhausted by the time we got home.

This is Brent taking a break to draw a picture on our sidewalk with Beck.
In this picture, you can see the difference between the old paint (dark brown/black shutters) and the new paint.
All done except for the door! I love it!!!

1 comment: