Friday, February 26, 2010

Happy Birthday Brent!!!

February 21st was the day Brent was born 34 years ago and I tried to make that day special for him. We started the morning with fresh, fluffy pancakes and they were so yummy! It was my first time to make them and I was so excited that they turned out as well as they did. However, after making this big stack of pancakes, I remembered writing on our grocery list that we needed syrup. I immediately panicked and wanted to run to the store to get some but Brent said we didn't need it. So, he put jelly on his and I used honey on mine.
We went to church with Wes and Kath for Stake Conference which lasts 2 hours. Beck did well for the first hour but Wes had to spend the 2nd hour chasing him around the hallways. Beck ran around so much that he was sweating when we saw him! We ate lunch at On the Border then headed home so that both Brent and Beck could take a nap. I went to the grocery store then bought an ice cream cake at Baskin Robbins. For dinner, we had pizza since we were still kind of full from lunch then the delicious cake.
I think Brent enjoyed his day...Happy Birthday!!!
This is the cake that Kathleen baked for Brent and we really enjoyed eating it.
The day before Brent's birthday is Wesley's birthday so we all got together at Brian and Katherine's old house to help them move into their new house and ate some bar-b-que then this beautiful cake!
Happy Birthday to you too Wes!

1 comment:

  1. It looks like Brent had a great birthday...don't ya hate that when you start to cook something and when you're knee deep in it you realize you are without an ingredient....I do that all the time sadly!! :-)

    ReplyDelete