Friday, February 19, 2010

Valentine's 2010

I've never been a fan of Valentine's Day because I feel like you should show your love everyday but this year, I had fun putting together the Valentine's bags for Beck's friends at Mrs. Linda's. I found this idea in a magazine and it turned out to be a hit! Mrs. Linda said that she's giving me a Parent Award and Madeline's mom emailed me and said she loved what I did which made me so happy!

I bought decorated cellophane bags, made tags at work for each child then put a piece of fruit in the bag. Listed below is what the tags said and I even made one for Beck so he got one too.
  • I go bananas over you!
  • You are the apple of my eye.
  • Orange you glad it is Valentine's day.

When I picked Beck up from Mrs. Linda's, he had 2 Valentine's bags...one was filled with goodies from Mrs. Linda (coloring book, heart-shaped sunglasses, an I Love You stamp, etc.). The other bag had things from his friends. Most just did a simple Valentine's Day card and some included a sucker with the card or a bag of M&M's. Madeline's mom made a heart-shaped rice crispy treat and heart-shaped cookie...both yummy!

I made cupcakes for the first time for Brent and Beck and I was so excited that they turned out so cute and yummy!

Brent gave me some chocolate covered popcorn, heart-shaped peanut butter cup (my favorite candy) and a really cute pink stuffed puppy dog that Beck loves! He carries it around and I happen to catch him snuggled up with this stuffed puppy in our bed while watching cartoons.

No comments:

Post a Comment