Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Birthday Fun...

It is so hard to believe that this is my last year of being 30-something! What's really crazy is to think that I'll be 40 next year and Kinsey will be 1 years old! Wow!

This has been a great birthday week! Mom came to visit us on Saturday and brought flowers, my favorite cookie and gifts. She watched Beck that night while Brent and I ate dinner at Johnny Carino's. I had Lobster Ravioli...so yummy! (Wendy was supposed to come with her but something came up.)

Brent bought me a gorgeous table for the entry and with birthday money from mom, I was able to purchase this beautiful flower arrangement for the table.

On Tuesday, Brent met me at Razoo's for a delicious lunch...I was craving fried dill pickles and they have the best ones! For my entree, I got fried shrimp, hush puppies, french fries and corn on the cob. Delicious!!!


That evening, the entire Bishop family met at Jeff and Jill's house for a Bishop birthday celebration (mine, Brent, Brian, Wes and Jody) minus Wes and Jody and to see little Marcus. Beck had so much fun running around with Noah and Ava. Lola is starting to walk which was really fun to see her in action. And, Katherine brought 2 super cute cakes from Society Bakery (I love this place) and it was so yummy!!!

On Wednesday (my actual birthday), my co-workers took me to Cuba Libre another favorite place to eat. We started with chips/queso and usually I get surf and turf tacos (shrimp and beef) but today I felt adventurous and got the special tacos they offered which was three spicy shrimp tacos (with grilled pineapple) in corn tortillas served with rice and black beans. It was delicious!!!

That evening, I had so many leftovers from going out that we decided to stay in and enjoy a nice warm fire and the cake Brent got me (it is very cute). The bear is what I picked out a few days ago and Brent said I couldn't have it so this was another perfect birthday gift...I will share it with Kinsey since the bear has 2010 and Princess written on it.

All in all, this has been the best birthday!!!
Looking forward to many more to come.

1 comment:

  1. Awww! Sounds like you had an amazing bday!!! Happy belated, sister! :)

    ReplyDelete