Sunday, May 20, 2012

Happy Mother's Day!!!

05.13.12

Mother's Day gets better each year and this was a special Mother's Day since Neena was able to find a couple to rent her Costa Rica house which means she gets to spend the entire summer with us!  I'm very happy about that news!  On Friday, Beck, Kinsey and I picked up Neena and she took the kids to the mall while I got a much needed pedicure then we ate lunch at Beck's favorite restaurant...Luby's!  Aunt Wendy and my Aunt Vickie met us for lunch too.  Then, we went to Neena's house and let Kinsey take a nap while we visited.  It was nice being able to spend the entire day with my mom.  I left Longview close to dinner time so I could feed the kids and get Beck ready for his father/son camping trip which ended up not happening because of rain.  Bummer!  Maybe the church will organize another camp out soon because I know Beck will love it!

On Saturday, we ate dinner at Olive Garden in Longview with Kiki and Pops which was nice to get out and eat at a real restaurant.  Not only was it Mother's Day weekend but it was also prom so we had to wait about 30 or more minutes for our table.  With that being said, I knew the kids were really hungry by the time we sat down so I whipped out a couple of cups of mandarin oranges.  I dumped the juice in a wine glass that was already on the table and Beck said he wanted to drink it.  The waitress walked up just as he was smelling it and she panicked.  She thought he was drinking wine!  I can only imagine how that looked.  Dinner was great and then we went to Kohl's and Brent got some t-shirts and Beck got socks and summer Transformer pj's.  I love to shop and it was nice to have Brent there to help with the kids.  He quickly saw why I never take them shopping.  It was a really nice evening!
mother's day2

mother's day

mother's day1

On Sunday, Brent and Beck started off the morning with something I really like and something that I haven't had in forever...French Toast!  Beck loves to help cook and he especially likes eating the things that he cooks.  He said he likes the sugary bread.
mother's day3

mother's day4

Then, the kids jumped in bed with me before getting ready for church...my little snuggle bunnies...
mother's day5

Before going into church...
mother's day6

This was a spectacular Mother's Day weekend!  I love my family very much!
mother's day7

No comments:

Post a Comment