Thursday, May 19, 2011

Easter in Gilmer

There's nothing more relaxing than being out in the country which is a statement I never thought I would ever say. Looking back to my younger years, I had a lot of fun riding my bike on the 40 acres of land that I grew up on and loved making mud pies with my next door neighbor friend, Belinda. However, I hated that we lived so far away from "town" because it was a big deal to drive in to "town". We lived halfway between Longview and Gilmer and I didn't get to hang out or spend the night with my friends as often as I would have liked...I also have a "special" sister which meant I had to come home after school and babysit her and that limited my after school activities. With that being said, I had a hard time loving the country life when I was in my teenage years.

Saturday morning, we took the kids for a ride on the golf cart and fed the goat and donkey then we saw the newest edition...a cow with long horns!

Easter




Kiki boiled three dozen eggs for us to decorate/color and Beck really got into it this year. He really enjoyed using the egg tongs to put the egg into the dye then putting the egg in the egg carton. I was cracking up because he was somewhat aggressive with the eggs. One egg did not survive Beck's handling skills.

Easter1



Easter2




Kinsey ate lunch while we decorated all of the eggs and yes both kids are still in their pj's.

Easter4



Easter3




Sorry there are so many pictures but I can't help but snap away! Jill took Marcus for a ride on the golf cart in hopes of him going to sleep easily for his afternoon nap.

Easter5




After nap time, we got the kids dressed up for the big Easter egg hunt! Kinsey sure loves her daddy!

Easter6



Easter7




And she loves mommy too!

Easter8




We all enjoyed seeing what the Easter bunny brought us...

Easter9



Easter10




Then it was time to find eggs and Beck did an awesome job finding them and throwing them in his Train basket! Marcus had some help finding his eggs and Kinsey wanted to eat them as she always wants to eat everything! A big thanks to Pops for holding Miss K so I could take pictures!

Easter11



Easter12



Easter13



Easter14




The kids really love the golf cart!

Easter15


Jeff and Jill were the lucky couple this year as they found both Golden Eggs...I need to look harder next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment