Sunday, September 29, 2013

Good-Bye Gilmer, Hello Bullard

07.18.13

We finally passed final inspection Wednesday night...woot woot!!!  Neena kindly brought her truck over on this warm Thursday morning and we loaded it up.  She followed me in my over-loaded vehicle to our new home.  My vehicle was so packed that I had to use the side mirrors because there was no way I could use the rear view mirror.
moving to bullard4
Shiny travertine floors after Brent worked so hard putting the enhancer/seal on the floor.

moving to bullard5
Our double oven finally arrived so that we could get our house inspected.

moving to bullard6
I'm super excited to have dividers for all of my cookie sheets, cutting boards, muffin pans,etc. located above the microwave.

moving to bullard7
I couldn't wait to bring the kids to our new home tomorrow so I spent all day making the house look like a home with the help of Neena and very first visitor, Sunshine.  I'm very happy with the guest bathroom.  I put some Transformer toys in Beck's room and many Minnie Mouse dolls in Kinsey's room.  On Friday, I loaded up my vehicle again and took the kids to see our new home and they were so super excited!  It was the reaction I was hoping to see. 

moving to bullard8
We've had a very dry summer and the day after our yard was sprayed with hydro mulch, a tropical storm swept through and all of our topsoil and hydro mulch washed away.  I really thought Brent was going to cry when he saw our top soil collected at the end of our street. It really was a sad sight to see.  It was even more heart breaking to watch the landscaping crew catch the soil with a shovel as it was running into the street and throw it back into our yard.

moving to bullard9
On Saturday, Brian and Jeff drove to Gilmer from Dallas to help us load up the storage unit and we are so grateful for their help.  It was a long and hot day.  I know you should never say never but I hope we never have to get a moving truck again.  Ever since Brent was a builder in Austin and in Dallas, he has always wanted to build a house for his family and he did it!  He has put so much blood and sweat into this house that I can't imagine selling it.

moving to bullard10
This is a very happy moment for me...to see Brent relaxing and playing with the kids in our new home.  A big thanks to Kiki for watching the kids while we move and a super big thanks to Brent for building a beautiful home!  We love you!


moving to bullard3
Oh happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment