Thursday, August 18, 2011

Orange Beach - Day Three

The men went golfing and the ladies hung out at the beach/pool with the kids today. Kiki took Beck to the beach with Jill and Marcus. The boys had fun playing in the sand.


Orange Beach 3


Kinsey and I joined them as soon as she woke up from her morning nap.


Orange Beach 31




After we cleaned up, Beck and Marcus watched Dora the Explorer on Jill's phone.




Orange Beach 33




Deep thoughts by Kinsey Faith Bishop...I love, love, love this picture!




Orange Beach 32


We all headed to the place that has the best food in town for dinner...Lambert's Cafe! The best part is that we didn't have to wait too long to get a table but they did have to split us up as you can tell from the pictures. Beck enjoyed the wooden train as we waited to eat and a giant lizard ran by Kiki's feet. Kinsey ate just about everything I put in front of her including the fried okra! That's my girl!!! Brent tried to teach Beck how to catch a giant and delicious roll. Our waitress tried to play and trick on me but I wouldn't do it so she got me back by rubbing a piece of fur on my arm while I was talking. I screamed SO LOUD because I thought a creature was crawling on me! Ewww! They have a new gift shop which opened up more seating in the restaurant where the old gift shop was located. They also posted a map on the outside wall so guest could put a pin on the city/town where they are from and it was interesting to see the majority of guests that visit this location is from the east side of Texas.


Orange Beach 34




Orange Beach 36




Orange Beach 35




Orange Beach 38




Orange Beach 37




Orange Beach 39




Orange Beach 312




Orange Beach 310




Orange Beach 311




Orange Beach 314




Orange Beach 313


After dinner, Brent and I took the kids to the Wharf shopping center to ride the ferris wheel. I remember going to this shopping center when we last came here three years ago and it was a packed, happening place. However, this year it was dead...hardly anybody was there and we were the only ones on the ferris wheel. The operator decided to ride it with us which made me really nervous. How was he going to get off? What if something went wrong? How would the attendant stop it? Yep, a million questions started popping into our heads when we saw him in the cart behind us. He finally hopped off and then I was able to relax and enjoy the ride. I think the kids enjoyed it...I know I did.


Orange Beach 315


When we got to the condo, we put bathing suits on the kids and headed for the pool. It was our goal to get as much pool time as much as possible! Brent thought it would be fun to spray the kids with the water gun. Beck and Kinsey didn't seem to mind as you can see the big smiles on their faces. Beck also enjoyed riding on Uncle Jeff's back in the pool.


Orange Beach 316




Orange Beach 317




Orange Beach 318




Orange Beach 319


Another successful day!


Orange Beach 320

No comments:

Post a Comment