Monday, August 15, 2011

I'm So Excited!!!

Today is Monday, August 15 and I'm excited for numerous reasons...first of all, I'm sitting in a recliner watching the animals (mainly birds, squirrels and wasps) play in the water sprinkler as I'm typing this blog. I am about two months behind on the blog and I can't wait to start working on it again! Brent accepted a job offer in Tyler, Texas which brought everything to a complete halt! I spent many days and nights packing up as much as I could to get everything ready for storage. I would put the kids in the room with me and sometimes they would unpack the boxes that I was trying to pack up! It wasn't as easy as I thought it would be. Brent began working with WRL on August 1st as a Project Manager with a company truck, company gas card and a company credit card! I am so proud of him because he has worked hard to get this position and deserves it. I know he'll do a great job and they will love him!

We couldn't put our house on the market until Bishop Playhouse closed which was Thursday, July 28 and since then we have had numerous showings but only one offer. The offer was low so we are holding out in hopes of getting a better offer. I'm going to miss the large bathroom shower but hopefully I can have one just like it again someday. We are living in Nannie's house until ours sells and it's kind of like living out of a suitcase since all of her rooms, closets, etc are full of her stuff. We are hoping to find some land and then build a house possibly in the Lindale area.

Beck has done well with the transition and I think having Kiki and Pops down the street from us has helped. He only cried once saying, "I want to go home." which is hard for a parent to see a child upset. I couldn't change his bed into a toddler bed because I needed it for the daycare so he always slept in our bed but not anymore. We pushed the queen size bed that Nannie has in one of the bedrooms against the wall and put a rail on the other side. He woke up several times in the middle of the night scared, lost, etc but he's done well with that transition too. He is also potty trained!!! It was so easy and it's because he was READY! I started two weeks before we moved in hopes of him being completely trained by the time we moved and it worked out just as I had planned. We started with the Cars potty seat in the kitchen (I put it there because I had a gate to keep the kids locked out so they would not play with the seat or bother him when he was sitting on it.) and I set the timer for 30 minutes the first day. He got lots of juicy treats when he peed and a GeoTrax train when he pooped in the potty. I set the timer for one hour the second day and he had the hang of it by the third day. We are so proud of him!

Now I need to get busy trying to catch up on what we have done the past couple of months...wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment