Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Neighborhood Crime Watch Block Party

On October 5th, our neighbor, Norris, put together a block party which entailed food, drinks, door prizes, ambulance, fire truck and the Cheif of Police gave a short speech about protecting our neighborhood. Norris puts this together every year which is a lot of work considering he has to get approval from the neighbors that live on Dagen street to block it off, ask for prizes, pass our flyers to all of our neighbors and he asks that each street bring different things. For example, our street (Stilwell) was responsible for plates, napkins or cups so we brought paper plates. It is a great way to meet our neighbors!

Beck had an absolute blast running around not to mention being able to get on the ambulance and fire truck!!! I usually carry my camera every where we go but forgot to bring it so I had to push the stroller with Kinsey in it as fast as possible to our house and back to be able to capture a few pictures of Beck with the fire truck.

He also played with older kids that were keeping the ball away from him. He was so worn out by the time we went home.

Brent ended up winning a gift certificate to JC's burger and Beck won a free scoop of ice cream from Henry's Ice Cream and got a bag/free meal from Gatti Town. I was hoping to win the grand prize...gift certificate to Picasso's. Norris pulled the last name out of the bowl and said, "Sheri"...my heart starting racing because I just knew I would win THE best door prize...then he said somebody elses last name! Oh well, we had a good time and can't wait to do it again next year!

1 comment:

  1. MMM... :) I'm jealous that Beck got a GC to Henry's! I LOVE that place!!!

    ReplyDelete