Wednesday, March 31, 2010

28 weeks / 7 Months



I saw Dr. Nivens last week for the glucose test and all went well except that I'm on the low end of iron which really surprises me because I do eat food that is loaded with iron. I guess Kinsey is sucking all of the iron out of me.

This pregnancy has been a lot harder. With Beck, I was sick at least once a week up until I had him but at least I could come home and relax or fall asleep whenever I wanted. With this pregnancy, after I leave work, I pick up Beck, we eat dinner and play until he goes to bed. We start his bath at 8:30 and he's out by 9pm. After he's down then Brent and I watch the shows we record (American Idol, Dancing with the Stars, Lost, Desperate Housewives and the Amazing Race). So, there's not much down time not to mention the fact that Beck weighs 35 lbs which has been hard lifting him. My lower back is in excruciating pain by Sunday night. I do suffer from sickness with this pregnancy but zofran has been my best friend which has helped tremendously. I try to get off the medicine almost every weekend but always end up getting sick. Last Saturday, I ate breakfast (sweet rice) and as soon as I finished, it all came back up. Yuck!!!

Y
esterday, I took pictures of our newly remodeled Preston/Forest location and ended up hurting myself by doing a baseball catcher's squat. I was asked to get several shots but the one that got me was a picture of the base of our new tables so I had to get low to get the perfect shot which resulted in a pulled or strained muscle. I called Dr. Nivens and she said to take it easy, prop my feet up, take a warm bath and Tylenol if I need it. Thanks to Brent, I was able to do everything except take Tylenol because we didn't have any. What I did must have helped because I'm able to walk today. I guess I won't be volunteering to do anything crazy like that again. I'm going to take it slow and easy from here on out...wish me luck!

1 comment: