Tuesday, March 1, 2016

MOPS

9.25.14
 
Our first Marvin MOPS meeting this year was on 9/11 and I'm super excited because I'm the Table Leader!  I just have a few more responsibilities such as reminding the ladies at my table when we are meeting, taking attendance and collecting dues.  I am floored that they thought of me to be a table leader! 

Our first meeting consisted of introductions and 10 years of celebrating Marvin MOPS.  Our theme is Be You Bravely.

Devotional: Isaiah 43:18-19, "Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past.  See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland." Words of advice from Judy: Ask for forgiveness when you make a mistake then move on.  Be positive!  We are children of God. We forgive our kids when they make mistakes and Heavenly Father does the same for us.

Today's meeting is an Introduction of the Mentor Panel and this is their advice to us young moms: Heavenly Father comes first in our life then our husband. Being a stay at home mom is a privilege so be sure to take care of the home.  Be a united front especially in front of the kids.

Devotional: Psalm 5:3, "In the morning, Lord, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait expectantly.  Start every morning with Heavenly Father and thank Him for the beauties of everyday things such as the blue sky, dark storms, fall leaves, grasshoppers with sticky legs, laughter, moms, dads, etc.  Heavenly Father wants to hear from us too.
Psalm 85:8, "I will listen to what God the Lord says; He promises peace to his people, his faithful servants - but let them not turn to folly."

Helpful Tip: Bible book store has a daily devotional book for kids and share with them every morning or night.

No comments:

Post a Comment