Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Charlie Brown ICE!

Every year the Gaylord Texan has a truly spectacular 14,000-square-foot ICE! exhibit that features a variety of magical holiday scenes and sculptures hand-carved by 40 visiting artisans from Harbin, China. Every visitor will feel as though they have been transported to the North Pole as they bundle up in warm parkas and enter a winter wonderland created with two million pounds of ice and kept at a wintry 9 degrees.

This year, the Gaylor Texan really out did themselves by recreating Charlie Brown and the whole Peanuts gang from a Charlie Brown Christmas.

They even have a slide made of ice! Beck was a trooper and went down it twice! Brent wanted to go down with him but the workers wouldn't let him so Beck went down the ice slide all by himself. After Brent went down the slide, I went up the stairs with Beck and watched him go down again then I went down. That was the coolest (literally) slide I've ever been on!!!
We tried to get Beck to sit in Snoopy's dog house but he was SO cold! He told us numerous times that he wanted to go to Daddy's truck! We made the mistake of forgetting his hat, gloves and the puffer coat that I bought a few days before we went! I also forgot to charge my camera and forgot to bring the camcorder. With that being said, some of the pictures are blurry because we had to use my iPhone as my camera died right before we finished seeing the exhibit!
A big thanks to Jeff and Jill for baby-sitting Little Miss Kinsey!!!

1 comment: