Sunday, September 12, 2010

Bishop Playhouse

On September 7th, Bishop Playhouse officially opened its doors and the first kid to start is our nephew Marcus. (Ironically, this was the date I was suppose to go back to work with Kinsey only being 10 weeks old.)

First, I would like to thank Jeff and Jill for letting me "borrow" the title of their blog. Secondly, I would also like to thank Jeff and Jill for letting me watch their sweet baby boy three days a week. Furthermore, a big thanks to Brian and Katherine for donating toys to the Bishop Playhouse.
It wasn't a hard decision to make for me but, financially it was something that Brent and I thought long and hard about. We said many prayers and got a good feeling that we are making the right decision.

Thanks to Brent's help, I've got everything lined up...I am Listed with the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services and I may not care for more than three unrelated children. I am also CPR certified and Brent built a changing table for the Bishop Playhouse room (aka our formal dining room). I've also found a web site that provides a monthly calendar with weekly lesson plans. I'm so excited about my new career!!!

I love being at home with the kids!

Marcus is already telling Beck secrets!

I've always prided myself in being a "smart" shopper and this stems back to my childhood as does many things in life. In high school, I got an allowance for doing weekly chores. With that being said, I would save up my money to buy what I really wanted (mostly designer clothes and purses). Today, I pretty much do the same thing...save up my money and think long and hard if I really need it (whatever "it" may be). Sometimes I'll see something and if it's a bit more than what I'd like to pay then I ponder on if I really need it. If a week goes by and I still think about this particular item then I go back and get it. Now that I no longer have my la Madeleine salary, I've been cutting coupons and I've decided to not get my eyebrows waxed as often as I use to and go a little longer getting my hair cut and colored. (BTW, I'm dying to get make an appointment with Dawn to get waxed and Tracy for my hair!!!)
I've got a really cute video of the kids but can't get it uploaded. Bummer!

No comments:

Post a Comment