Wednesday, July 14, 2010

4th of July Weekend - Part One

Leading up to the 4th of July weekend, Brent and I were able to spend bonding time with Kinsey while Beck spent the week with Pops and Kiki. He had so much fun and I was able to take it easy so my body could heal. And, Brent and I got to watch the news instead of cartoons! My friend Tracy Moore Martinez came to the house to meet Kinsey and Kristen brought her girls, Madeline and Gabriella. She made a wonderful meal for us..lasagna, salad, garlic bread and the most delicious chocolate pie I've ever tasted! In fact, Brent and I ate half of it that night.

Since I can't lift anything heavy, such as the car seat, I decided to put Kinsey in the stroller Thursday morning and walk to the nearest shopping center which is 1.3 miles from my house and bought her a 4th of July dress. She slept the entire time except when we were in the cold store then she screamed so I had to shop super fast.

On Friday, I took Kinsey to the doctor for her 2-week check-up and she gained 1 pound in one week! She's 9 lbs 6.5 oz and 21 3/4" long. She got her first Heb B shot since we declined that one while at the hospital then I took her to the hospital across the street for a PKU test. They took blood from her foot and she cried the entire time then we headed to my doctor's office for my check-up. I can now lift things that weigh less than 24 lbs and my incision looks great!

B
rent was able to get off work early so we missed the rush hour traffic going to Gilmer which was very nice. We celebrated Nanny's 86th birthday Saturday evening and tried to watch the firework show but Beck got scared so Daddy gave him a bath while I nursed Kinsey.
Happy 4th of July!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment